Monday, September 12, 2016



So today is my 48th birthday.  No big celebration.  Ladies at the office took me to a great long lunch.  Tons of birthday wishes on Facebook and from my kids - pre-birthday dinner with my boys last night.

Last year I was all alone, coffee with a friend in the morning and all day pretty down.  Even an argument.

Two years ok, I was just plain nuts and an argument ensued so...

Does the theme ring clear?

Most of my birthdays the last 27 years have been at sporting events or a kids function, take out or I cooked.
Prior to that I only know of 2 birthday parties I had - maybe there were more but nothing to memorialize it.

So I put every bit of effort into celebrating other peoples birthdays.  Mainly because it was what I wanted.

Not every birthday was bad but so few were memorable and that is on me not on anyone else.

This year - even sitting here eating left overs after a full day at work - my day was memorable.  Mostly because I am here.  I am alert.  I am thinking ahead and not beating myself up for not remembering more of the last 48 years but promising myself to remember from today forward with clarity!

Tee Hee - ok I will admit I loved seeing all my FB birthday wishes ;)

I realized this morning that my birthday is GREAT...but those of my five kids are even GREATER and could not have happened without me...so I am BLESSED!  In 48 years I was born, I survived a divorce of 2 people; transition to a new home; a step-mother; death of my Dad; graduating high school; finding out I had a bio dad and siblings; moving cities, getting married, having 5 kids, getting divorced, 1 for sure nervous break down and a 2nd that came pretty darn close; 5 wonder kids - did I mention that?  moving cities, new job...and realizing I am ME AND I AM WORTH SOMETHING - I AM WORTH MORE!  I deserve...I earned and I'm blessed!!!!!!  I am actually loving this birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment