Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Progress?

So the other night I had a dream that shook me.

My ex and then my step mother (who raised me but has cut me out of her life) were acting like a couple. We were all at a party and I was ignored and even talked about. Then they were talking about a party and I asked if I could go and she said "no...your not on our friend list". So I went to leave and asked to talk to her outside and then asked my ex to join us a few minutes later...I waited outside for an hour and then left. It is funny because there were scenes where my kids were there - and all of us were the age we are today. So 2 days later, my ex shows up with my deceased grandmother saying lets talk and I slammed the door in his face. Then I woke up. There were emotions and surroundings in the dream that are hard to explain but it was really weird...

After a few days of thinking on this, I wonder if I am making progress realizing that the past is the past. In my dream, I slammed the door on people who I asked for help, love, support, and anything else.  Does that mean I have accepted that it is not there and I have to move forward or is it a dream of what I want, miss, feel etc.  

Today I FEEL like I am closing the door on people who can not accept me for ME, that can not live up to their obligations and vows and promises despite my faults....

No comments:

Post a Comment