Monday, October 13, 2014

The reason we can not have nice things....

Well that is an easy answer - KIDS.  New carpet....Kool-aid stains.  New furniture - sweaty bodies or spilled food.  Coffee tables with corners = bruises or stitches.  So as each kid has left we have started replacing things and fixing up stuff.  The kids actually seem insulted by this....on one had they "act" happy for us but you can see the look on their face "but why didn't you buy that nice comfy couch that is all bouncy when we lived at home?"  UH BECAUSE THE LAST FRIGGING COUCH YOU DECIDED TO PLAY HOP OVER THE VOLCANO and broke all the springs within a month of having it and then someone decided to toss a Red soda to a sibling and they decided to open it right away.  When the twins were under 2 years old I wall-papered their bathroom.  I remember they were that young because I had to put a baby gate up to keep them from eating the paste I was using.  For years it has been coming down or peeling off in area's.
Before the tearing down
 Last night, I just started ripping it off the wall.  I got lucky it came off pretty easy (guess 19 years of 45 minute hot as hell showers from the youngest daughter diluted the paste some).  Next step is new paint; shower curtain and towels...YES MORE NEW STUFF.....with each rip I wanted to say and that is for all the hair spray you choked us with; and really tooth paste at the 7 foot mark of the wall?  but I lovingly just ripped away thinking of all the new colors and towels and stuff I could buy for in there!  If any one of them show up with a grand baby to ruin this plan we will have serious issues.....

After the ripping off of the 20 year old wall paper


It is amazing how your thought process changes.  My original design was simple; colorful; nice enough to be the main bathroom for guest but withstand five kids. Practical, quickly put together to make the house look nicer than a plain white bathroom but nothing that costs so much they could destroy.  NOW.....fluffy towels that will actually dry you off; bath mats that are there only to soak up the water; a color on the wall that is modern and not meant to hide nose pickings someone decided to put on the wall rather than the tissue that was right on the counter - endless possibilities.  Hopefully by weeks end I can have pictures of my new bathroom...wonder if it will do any good to make the boys share the other bathroom and claim this one all for myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment