Saturday, July 22, 2017

Positivity - it is a word - I'm just using it as a verb and not a noun...



It is becoming increasingly difficult for me to write.  Write anywhere - in my journal, my blog, facebook, emails.  I have to wonder how dissecting my life and day helps because I seem to be able to only do it negatively.  I can't focus on my share of the last 28 years or the positives.  Something that in my daily life and with my words I am actively trying to do.  I know what I need to change.  I know what I need to do and wonder if actively doing that is more productive?  I have created so much negativity in my life that I'm tired.  I know what went wrong.  Do I really need to know the how?  The why?  There were some really good things that came out of the last 28 years so do I really need to look backwards at everything?

There are many hurts out there on all sides.  I feel like I should move ahead rather than returning to the well to try and pick up drops of water out of a 28 year bucket.  I need to learn to write with more positivity; to see the good that happened; to learn to intellectually (not just emotionally) accept the past and embrace the future.  Just as the worst I have done, said, thought and believed does not make up ME it does not make up my life.  I have had and still have GOOD and I choose to live that.

My favorite lines in this song:

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am

by Brandi Carlile

I have loved.  I have been loved.  I still have love to give.  I have been broken. I have broke.  I am not the worthless I have felt. I am not the hate I have felt and projected. I WILL NOT STAY THE BROKEN GIRL.  I am laying all my shattered pieces down.  I am accepting my part in life and letting the stars shine through my eyes.  


1 comment:

  1. sometimes the reason I write, it to put things down and not carry them anymore. I don't need to put down the good stuff

    ReplyDelete