Thursday, April 21, 2011

Another Work in Progress

I started this quilt with a new pattern I found - I modified it because the instructions were complicated and I had seen some tutorials that made it much easier to accomplish the same pattern. 

I loved the way the squares came out but the quilt itself wasn't going to be big enough.  So I decided to invert the colors of the blocks and add to it.  You know - Pink star inside instead of brown....

Well amidst all the drama today when I sat down to sew I wasn't paying attention and sewed all 6 blocks together wrong.  So the stars were not inverted in color.  I had two choices - tear them all apart and start over OR make it work....I decided to make it work....

My DH said he really likes it the way it turned out - it looks like a kaleidoscope to him. 


So now all I have to do is square up each block; sew together; find a backing and then quilt it and add binding.  Believe it or not all of that except the actual quilting is the easy part.  Coming up with the quilt block designs is hard for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment