Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 26, 2016

It has been two months and two days since I decided to pick up my life, move, take a job in another city.  Looking back it was probably all in an attempt to run away at best and impulsive at least.  I had only been job searching in Corpus for two months and I had a job offer on the table.  The job was not in the area of law I wanted but the salary was good.  However, on the 24th a quick job offer came along followed by a phone call from the real estate agent I had an offer on my house (since gone); It was all immediately what I wanted.  I called it a fresh start.  In reality I think it was a run away... I could start over, I would be safe from prying eyes; I could focus on me.

I went into the job really excited.  My first day should have been a hint.  I was not introduced to anyone; the boss was not there and no one talked to me.  I came home deflated.  For the first week all I heard was "your name is not on the door", "Kim does not like that", "we don't do that".  Then the bullying started.  Items moved on my desk; files moved or gone off my desk; one lawyer who was really ugly to me; a boss who told me that she didn't have time for questions or who would ask every time she passed by "do you not have enough work to do?" (I had 50 files in which no work had been done and the clients had paid and signed up in April - I had plenty of Frigging work but since she didn't take notes I spent a great deal of time figuring out what the clients had even hired us for); oh yeah did I mention the bully lawyer who called me stupid?  Or parked her car so close to mine I couldn't get in my door and climbed in through the hatchback?; Every day got worse and worse.

Personally, three failed contracts on the house - what is it about selling below market value AS IS that people do not get?; a break out of fleas; kids who wouldn't respond to me; then a fall that broke three of my teeth.  Then I up and quit my job after the other lawyer yelled at me again...and was back to a job search; 700.00 in dental bills; and alone.

I keep trying to stay out of my own way but seem to be my own brick wall...or I believed that.

Part II is harder to write and will follow - this is just the start or restart.

No comments:

Post a Comment