Sunday, March 20, 2011

Quilting

I have always been into arts and crafts projects.  Even have a professional embroidery machine I had to have and spent a couple of years doing embroidery for everyone I know.  About 8 years ago I made some shorts and shirts and decided rather than throw the scraps away I would sew them together to make a quilt.  Well what I thought was a quilt.  Turns out its just a blanket of sewn together square patches but hey it was the first one. 

Of and on over the years I made these types of quilts for friends; family; charity raffles.  Everyone loved them.  Some even paid me for them.  Ha Ha - I know but they did - really. 

So about 4 months ago I got the "bug" again and started making "my quilts".  Then I got stuck on a pattern and found out google has about 10 zillion quilting sites.  I joined up with quiltingboard.com  a message board of quilters and a wonderful place. 

I learned that what I was doing was not quilting.  I've progressed since then with the help; love; suggestions and postings of this message board group. 

I'm going to try and post my gallery of photos so you can see for yourself the progression I've made from someone who sewed together material and called it a quilt to actual quilting. 

I now spend most of my time doing this...haven't sold anything lately but my family and friends have gotten some great and not so great blankets and quilts.  I'm getting there but I'm a long way off from matching anything my quilting friends can do. 

Oh my husband said that if anyone wants to buy a purse; quilt or anything else I've posted he would really appreciate it because my fabric habit is killing him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment