Friday, March 25, 2011

Another quilt done

Well I got through an entire season of Lost making this quilt!

Decided to put the borders on per everyone's suggestions

Used the swirl material for the back - but added a ribbon because at the time it seemed like a good idea.

Made my own bias tape/binding.

Now before you peek at the pictures there are some rules:

1. If you notice that the right side boarder of brown is smaller than the left....it is either a) your imagination or b) I did it on purpose....your choice but those are your only choices!

2. If you don't like the ribbon - well I don't really either but because its for a raffle we have to all agree to say we like it and it adds flavor to the quilt; and

3. Tell me why I started doing this? I became obsessed with this quilt for some reason and its not one that I'm doing for an emotional reason (it was a secondary quilt for the kids relay for life team to choose from and a use up the last of the breast cancer material quilt). I couldn't decide on a pattern; I couldn't decide on a boarder; I couldn't decide on the back....I don't know if its a labor of love or a "I'll be dam&*# I am finishing this quilt and it will look like an 8 on Pam's scale of 1 to 10.

I also including a close up of my FMQ - this was the first time I've ever used the clear thread - I thought it would be hard to deal with but once I got the tension right it was easy!

Oh yeah - its lap quilt size - ended up 36 wide by 48 long...again do NOT know how I come up with these measurements....
Ok enjoy and remember the rules above!!!

Front of the Quilt

Back of the quilt

Front and Back the swirls really do match

Up close of my freehand quilting
 

No comments:

Post a Comment