Thursday, September 16, 2010

Who am I?

For the last few weeks, I have been trying to figure out who I am...what I do...what I contribute.  See I turned 42 this past weekend!  I know old, right?  I have one child in college...two high school seniors, who will soon be in college...a high school freshman...and a 12 year old in 8th grade.  Not too bad right?  So why do I feel this way? 

For years I've blasted those articles on empty nest syndrome.  Won't ever apply to me!  I've spent 19 years with kids in this house and therefore I will be glad when they go.  Oh don't get me wrong, sad but happy that I have produced productive children who can survive in the world without me and now I can have all the free time in the world to travel...to paint the bathroom...to watch what I want on TV instead of having it constantly tuned to Disney Channel...happy...free...I can regain what I put aside for the last 19 years. 

Problem is....I don't remember what I put aside.  I don't remember what it is that I need to "regain".  What I do know is that my kids are leaving...the day is empty instead of chaotic and I have absolutely no clue what I need to do...what I should be doing or what I want to do. 

So for the next few weeks...I'm going to go back...I'm going to catelog what I have done...what I have accomplished...what I've helped accomplish and somewhere along the line figure out what this next stage in my life is supposed to be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment